Meet Me at the Park – Grants from NRPA and Disney
Play is an important part of community and provides a space to gather, grow, learn and share. Organizations are working to help communities bring play to their residents and we can all help spread the word about these opportunities!
NRPA and Disney teamed up to provide grants to fund innovative and creative projects that transform parks and improve access to inclusive play spaces for kids (aged 3-11) and their families. Each grant is $30,000 and 25 total grants will be awarded. Please note, a 1:1 match is required. Eligible matching funds can include cash, staff time, construction costs and design fees.
Be a resource for our collective customers by helping them find opportunities like this! Please see the guidelines below and visit the website for additional information.
Eight grantees will be required to conduct a more in-depth evaluation to assess and understand how the project led to increased activity and other benefits. Evaluation tools and training will be provided for these select grantees who will perform and record observations at the site pre and post construction.
- The applicant must be a state or local government park and recreation agency, (e.g., municipal park and recreation department, tribal recreation department, park district, etc.)
- The project must take place at a publicly-owned site(s) in an underserved community*.
- Considerable progress towards the project outcomes must be demonstrated by August 1, 2018.
- All projects must be completed by November 1, 2018.
- A required final report will be due to NRPA on November 16, 2018 (template to be provided).
- Opportunities for volunteerism in association with the project for members of the local community and Disney employees must be offered.
- The project must be promoted locally through the agency's own communication channels and on social media.
- Grantees will be required to administer surveys to at least 25 people at the project site once the project is completed. A survey template will be provided that can be used without an internet connection on a tablet, laptop or other mobile device.