sPEAKing Our Minds - The Importance of Water
It's 2020 and, for many of us, it's a time to set resolutions. Drinking and getting more water is low-hanging fruit... something we can do without a lot of effort and very little to no money! AND... a ton of benefits. Hydration matters, whether you're running, working out, or just trying to stay out of the dirt, your water intake is vital. Our bodies NEED water to function, plain and simple! There are so many wonderful effects water has on the body. Here are some of them:
- Cushions joints and vital organs
- Moistens oxygen for breathing
- Carries nutrients and oxygen to cells
- Aids in digestion
- Helps absorb nutrients
- Acts as the foundation of youth
- Balances lymph system
- Helps with weight loss
- Converts food to energy
It is doctor recommended that you drink 8-10 cups of water every day to properly hydrate the human body. Positive outcomes of proper hydration include more regularity, beautiful skin and dropping pounds; however, we'd like to introduce you to what happens if you are not getting enough water. We'll call it water's big brother - D'hydration. Take a look to see if you have any of "D's" symptoms:
- Chronic fatigue
- Brain fog
- Yellow urine
If you do have any of them, it is likely that Big D is visiting you. Here are some suggestions to increase your water intake:
- For those of you that utilize your phone, set reminders to drink water throughout your day.
- If you're having a problem drinking it - EAT your water! Cantaloupe, watermelon, cherry tomatoes, oranges, celery and carrots all help you stay hydrated.
- Still not drinking enough? Take a hint, better yet buy a HINT. It's deliciously infused water.
- For you overachiever, you can create your own infused water.